A Huge Turning Point

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Today marked a huge milestone in my fitness journey. Not only did I complete the Piyo Program...

I'm just going to come right out and say it...I SURPASSED my fitness goals! 

As you can see by the pictures, I've continued to lean out and sculpt my body with Piyo. And there's one more thing...I've actually crushed my goal weight of 128 pounds...

I'm now 125 pounds. I've never weighed 125 pounds (Fun fact: I was deadlocked at 150 pounds almost all of my 20's, including the day I got married). And what I'm the most proud of, is that it's not a frail or "skinny fat" 125 pounds. I may always have extra skin on my tummy and stretch marks, but that's ok! My body is strong, and it is well fed. I can plank like a badass till the cows come home! I can chase my daughter down the street while she bikes and not want to die!




I cried tears of joy after doing my weigh in and photos. But it's not just because of the physical transformation. I just feel so darn good! I feel like I'm doing something that is transforming my life AND some of those around me. 

In seven short months, I've gone from reluctantly participating in a challenge group (I had serious doubts it was for me...I thought Shakeology was a scam), to completing my first challenge, to doing 2 other programs, to seeing how Shakeology has improved my energy levels and held my sweet tooth at bay, to signing up as a Coach, to becoming an Emerald Coach to now surpassing my fitness goals! It's been quite the whirlwind. 

At this point, I'm not working out or "dieting" to lose weight. I'm eating clean, drinking my daily superfoods and exercising because I LOVE the way it makes me feel. It's just my lifestyle now. It makes me a better mom and wife and friend when I'm able to fill my cup a little each day with something that nourishes my body and soul. 

   

(Above: Me at 22 and 26, running half marathons and living on "diet" food)

And it's not about perfection or deprivation. There are parties and vacations and dinners out that are meant to be fully enjoyed. And by golly, I will eat my dark chocolate everyday from here to eternity, so don't you try to stop me! Life is meant to be LIVED. I let myself indulge and I don't feel guilty, because...that's just no fun. 

If you would have told me I'd be at this place a year ago, I never would have believed you. I was a happy person, but I doubted myself in so many areas. Thoughts like these filled my mind: 

"I could never be that disciplined." 

"I could never eat that healthy." 

"I could never give up Halloween candy and nacho binges." 

"I could never have the time to meal prep and/or workout daily."

"I could never take control of my nighttime food binges." 

If any of these phrases sound familiar to you, I want you realize something...

The way that you talk to yourself in your head is a very powerful thing! You need to make a conscious decision to talk positively in an encouraging, understanding way to yourself. Transformation starts on the inside! Make a decision that you want to become a healthier, more confident YOU. And then support yourself by speaking positive phrases to yourself. 

"I am strong. I am worth this."

"I am improving. I'm proud of myself."

"I'm not going to binge on _________ , because that doesn't align with who I am anymore." 

You have so much power, you just have to believe in yourself and tap into it!

I strongly believe that one of the reasons I'm on this planet is to help other people lead healthier lives. If you want guidance in this area, encouragement, a shoulder to cry on, a cheerleader, etc., I can be that person to help get you started. Your biggest obstacle is your own mind. Let me help get you started as your coach. You'd be surprised of what goals YOU could crush!




2 comments :

  1. Way to go Maryanne! I am so proud of you and inspired by you. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anjuli! You continue to inspire me, as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete